Thursday, August 1, 2019

Do you like tattoos and if so, what would you get? How do you find that great tattoo artist to tattoo you?

Tattoos aren't for everyone, it's a decision anyone whose ever thought about getting one has to decide for him or herself. If you do choose to get one, where to begin? What exactly do you want? Maybe something you saw on someone else you admired that you thought looked cool? Or something you want to say about who you are, what you believe, or just something so simple and beautiful to you that you would proudly wear it indefinitely? Whatever the reason, it's as true an art form as it gets. I put a lot of thought into a tattoo I want. Most of the ones I've had done have a spiritual meaning to me. For instance, I had a Saint Michael the ArchAngel tattoo done on my left arm. Michael was the name I was supposed to have, and he was who God commanded to send the fallen angel lucipher to hell. The artist who did that tattoo recently died of an overdose, may he rest in peace. Most recently, I had 3 tattoos done by a very talented tattoo artist here in Bakersfield, CA. His name is Garrett Feliz, you can find him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/garrett.feliz It was by sheer luck that I met him, he happens to be dating my niece. He works for True Grit Tattoo Company, which can also be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TrueGritTattooCompany/ Getting back to the tattoos, all 3 I've had done have very special meanings to me. The first was a portrait of my son when he was in middle school, he must have been about 12 or 13 at the time. Garrett confessed that it was the very first non-famous person he'd ever tattooed and was worried that it might not turn out well. Well..it turned out way better than anticipated, in fact it was an incredible likeness of my son! The next was a combination of Roman numerals, a clock and a rose...the Roman numerals are of the year I was born, the clock designates the time I was born and the rose is a symbol of my family surname. The third tattoo is a Latin saying, VERITAS AEQUITAS, meaning "truth and justice." The meaning is self-explanatory to me but some people equate the phrase to a cult film entitled, The Boondock Saints, which I have yet to see...but a film I will see soon. I have another tattoo appointment with Garrett soon, and I'll share it with you once it's done. In the meantime, here are 2 of my most recent tattoos done by Garrett Feliz. Check out his artwork and if you are interested in getting a high quality tattoo at a reasonable price, and you are in the Bakersfield, CA area I highly recommend him...just make sure you book him at least a month in advance. DL
PS.  Here's a link to my latest "FAITH HOPE LOVE" tattoo with a rose, https://www.instagram.com/p/B1PhCXIguDU/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tis the season! Save $$$ and eat healthy with these great holiday gift ideas!

Not sure what to get your loved ones for the holiday season?  Or perhaps a gift for yourself?  What better gifts to give than these kitc...